Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Brighter

" O God, listen to my cry!
  Hear my prayer!
From the ends of the earth,
  I cry to you for help
  when my heart is overwhelmed.
Lead me to the towering rock of safety,
  for you are my safe refuge,
  a fortress where my enemies cannot reach me."
Psalm 61:1–3

 photo null_zps0c4e5fe8.jpg
OC Fair last weekend
Today is much brighter than Monday was, and I know a lot of it is due to your thoughts, prayers, and hugs (even if they were virtual). Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your support!! The blogging community is really something else! :)

After my vent-sesh on this here blog Monday, I spent almost the whole entire day trying to be pro-active about my problems. Between prayer and trying to calm down, I found a totally reasonable dream wedding venue (for when the time comes for that). While it's still somewhat out of my majorly modest budget, it's a start and more importantly, establishing it gave me hope that I can even have a wedding! HA! My sweet sister-in-law is also already pretty much planning the bachelorette party and entering me into every bridal contest she finds, so no matter what happens, I know I'm surrounded by love and support! Now if the boy would propose already . . . ;)

Yesterday Tyler and I received some encouraging home-related news that reminded me that God is listening to my prayers and my tears. He knows where we're supposed to be. He knows how we're getting there, even if we don't.

I also got some unexpected messages from family members that reminded me of their love, even if certain parts of my family are nowhere near perfect (or even functional!).

I'm also seeing Taran Killam of SNL with Frances tonight, so there's that. Any week where one day is spent in the presence of Taran can't be that bad of a week, am I right?! 

I learned that sometimes we just need to cry out and kick and scream because life can be overwhelming. But as long as we have good friends, loving family and our eyes on God, I think we can get through anything.

Thanks again for all of your love and support!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for the feedback! Leave a note to let me know you dropped by and I'll come visit your blog, too! If I can't reach you by blog or email, I'll reply back right here shortly! Thanks again! xo