Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Day 1: Story

I'm inspired by Jenni at Story of My Life to blog every day in May, so here goes nothing!

Day 1: The story of your life in 250 words or less . . . .

  photo 6180_239529490250_7383058_n_zps74db33c6.jpg

I was born on January 17, 1984 in Anaheim, California (a Disney girl from day 1, obviously). I'm the oldest of six kids (but wasn't raised with my baby sister who is 18 years younger than me). Unfortunately the defining moment of my life always points to when a girl in kindergarten told me I "talk too fast, talk too much and talk too loud". Subsequently I have spent decades trying (and failing) to find balance. My parents split up early in my life so I spent a lot of time helping my mom with my younger brothers and sister. A classic story is when my mom sent me into the grocery store alone to buy $100 worth of groceries at age 9 while she waited in the car with the babies; I was insulted when the checker thought this strange.

  photo 6180_239557770250_1885529_n_zpse90a925f.jpg

I graduated from Cal State Fullerton in 2008 with a double BA in English & Religious Studies. I spent most of my college years in a rough relationship and, even though it felt like a waste of many years, it brought me closer to Jesus so I can't regret anything about it. After graduation I applied to Yale Divinity School (didn't get in, obviously) and moved to Fresno to regroup for a year. Once I moved back to southern California I met my boyfriend, Tyler, and consider myself so blessed to be in a healthy relationship with an incredible guy! We have been together for two and a half years and I feel our story has just begun!

  photo 53a8ef07-23ba-4452-ada8-00d45b9678a2_zpsba3e0139.jpg

I guess that girl in kindergarten was right, I talk too much . . . because that was 259 words, dang it! ;)
 
 

1 comments:

  1. i love the pictures! so sweet. i'm the eldest of 5 and my youngest brother is 13 yo younger than me. when i was teenager, i hated it to have to babysit my siblings instead of hanging out with my friends. now we've all grown up i wish i could rewind those times and be a better sister. haha

    love this story Danielle,
    thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for the feedback! Leave a note to let me know you dropped by and I'll come visit your blog, too! If I can't reach you by blog or email, I'll reply back right here shortly! Thanks again! xo