Monday, May 6, 2013

Day 6: Do

Day 6: If you couldn't answer with your job, how would you answer the question, 'what do you do?'

Aside from my job, I have a knitting and prayer ministry called Knit Together by Love. The purpose of this ministry is to provide prayers for people who need some extra prayer. While I pray for them I knit and gift them with the finished product as a tangible affirmation that someone is praying for them. I encourage others to participate in my ministry by using their God-given gifts to bless those in need. My cousin Wendy crochets and donates beautiful prayer shawls, scarves and other things for my ministry to distribute along with blessing people along the way on her own. 


To be honest, I always tend to drop the ball on Knit Together by Love in the spring and summer. I burn myself out knitting around fall and the holiday season so that come January I am depleted of creative knitting energy. I'm trying to turn that around by kick starting my knitting earlier than August. I am working on some projects right now and may even start a Facebook prayer page soon. 


If you're interested in joining forces with Knit Together by Love by spreading love in your own way, let me know and I'd be happy to give you a feature post about what you're doing to spread God's love! You don't have to knit, you just have to use your own talents. 


Some of my favorite Knit Together by Love projects posts can be found here, here, and here!


1 comments:

  1. That's so wonderful!! I bet a lot of people have been touched by receiving one of your creations.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for the feedback! Leave a note to let me know you dropped by and I'll come visit your blog, too! If I can't reach you by blog or email, I'll reply back right here shortly! Thanks again! xo