Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Day 29: Music

Day 29: Five songs that speak to you or bring back memories.

I could seriously give you 500 songs that speak to me or bring back memories. In fact, thinking about narrowing the list down to 5 songs stresses me out. So instead, I'm going to join my love of music with my love of books and give you some songs that I think should be (or should have been) on the soundtrack to some of the most recently popular books that have or will soon become movies.

First off, I think The Hunger Games should have hired Hanson to produce their soundtracks because there are a lot of Hanson songs that make sense to be on any of The Hunger Games soundtracks. This one might be a little tongue-in-cheek because of how up-beat it is, but for The Hunger Games, I think Hanson's "Make It Out Alive" would have been great! 



Similarly, I think Catching Fire should use Hanson's "World on Fire" for their soundtrack! Like, seriously. 


For the more adult readers, I am so serious that Neon Trees' "Your Surrender" NEEDS to be on the 50 Shades of Grey soundtrack. It's perfect. Here's a more sultry acoustic version, swooooon.



For 50 Shades Darker, I think movie producers should use The Civil Wars "Poison and Wine" for the scene with the lipstick boundaries. I have it mapped out in my head-- hire me, Hollywood!



What songs do you think should be on soundtracks to your favorite books and/or movies?? 




2 comments:

  1. OMG thank you so much for posting these songs. Ive never heard of your surrender and i LOVE IT!! i want to download it eventually! i always get excited when i hear new songs that i like!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like the songs! Neon Trees is an AMAZING band and their acoustic stuff in particular is a favorite of mine! I got to know about them so late, but I'm glad I found them!

      Delete

Thank you so much for the feedback! Leave a note to let me know you dropped by and I'll come visit your blog, too! If I can't reach you by blog or email, I'll reply back right here shortly! Thanks again! xo