Thursday, May 2, 2013

Day 2: Educate

Day 2: Educate us on something you know a lot about or are good at.

 This prompt is shockingly unsettling to me because I can't really think of anything. I mean, sure there are things I'm "good" at, but not enough to justify educating anybody on them. Or, they might be things like literary analysis. You're not reading my blog because it's a homework assignment, so I doubt you want me to spend much time on that. So why is it that I'm not so good at anything that I can spend time discussing it?

I blame procrastination, one thing I'm incredibly good at. Procrastination is truly an art, especially when you're as good at justifying the act as I am. You see, I can convince myself that cleaning out my closet can wait because my life will actually benefit from watching one more episode of Downton Abbey (which means 5 more episodes if I'm being honest). It's why I haven't learned how to loom knit beyond the basics, much less learn how to really knit. It's why I haven't learned how to play piano or taught myself graphic design like I've been meaning to for years. I guess maybe I've learned from typing this that it's not so much procrastination I'm good at as much as letting fear of the unknown get the best of me (and love for quality television programming).

Maybe next May I can blog about how I've become really great at decorating cakes with fondant ruffles. You never know, I might learn how to do it, but probably not until tomorrow. Today Pinterest and Game of Thrones are calling my name.

Finding where celebrities live. I should have talked about how I'm pretty good at that..!



3 comments:

  1. Hey Danielle! I found you through Story of My Life and the challenge. I was this close to writing about procrastination! Good luck with the challenge :)

    tickmarksandtailwags.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also an expert procrastinator. Pretty sure it was my major in college :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for the feedback! Leave a note to let me know you dropped by and I'll come visit your blog, too! If I can't reach you by blog or email, I'll reply back right here shortly! Thanks again! xo