Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Day 15: Happy Birthday, Grandma!

Day 15: A Day in the Life. Happy Birthday, Grandma!

To be honest, a day in my everyday life is pretty boring: I wake up, I go to work (where as of right now I do very little to brag about), I hopefully go to the gym after work, and then I spend the rest of the evening trying to be productive but probably just watch tv. {Speaking of tv: Did anyone catch The Mindy Project last night?! OH. EM. GEE!!!! Why do summer hiatuses exist? I need more!}. So since my everyday is uneventful, I figured I'd still blog every day in May, but use this day to wish my grandma a very happy birthday!

  photo Mindy-Project-3_zpse2b08804.jpg

Every grandma is a treasure, but my grandma is a special kind of treasure. When she was a girl she didn't have the easiest life, but she always had faith inside of her. One day she wandered into a church, gave her life to Jesus and has never looked back. She has been married to my grandpa since she was 14 and so far they have shared more than 60 years of the fullest marriage I've ever seen. My grandma raised four kids and has seventeen grandkids. Her love, faith, perseverance and stoicism through life's storms are what set my grandma apart for me. She has instilled no-nonsense faith in me and strength to always find good.

 photo null_zps1546ad33.jpg photo null_zpsd9b1e8f0.jpg

Cheers to you, Grandma! I hope you have an incredible birthday! If it's half as great as you then it will be pretty darn great!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for the feedback! Leave a note to let me know you dropped by and I'll come visit your blog, too! If I can't reach you by blog or email, I'll reply back right here shortly! Thanks again! xo