Monday, January 14, 2013

Christmas Vacation

Throughout the year I try my best to save enough vacation days so that I can have the week before Christmas off of work. This has been SUCH a great decision since I started doing it because I can take the time to visit with loved ones near and far and actually enjoy the season. I debated going back up to San Jose or Fresno, but decided it was better to slow down, relax and just focus on realigning myself for the new year. I rarely do that. I always have to keep busy and have something planned, but I'm glad I took the time for myself this year.

I didn't want the week to turn into me totally vegging out the whole time and then getting depressed come Friday because I was so lazy; So I considered all of the times I've thought, "If only I didn't have to work today I would . . . " My only regrets are that I didn't go lurk the set of Parenthood and didn't go to a tv taping of Wendell and Vinnie, but both are a little weird to do when you're by yourself (vacation doesn't mean your friends are also on vacation, boo!).

Monday I very leisurely finished my Christmas shopping and had an enjoyable lunch at Panera Bread, yum!

 Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Tuesday I ventured to downtown Long Beach and got lunch at DoLy's Delectables where I also bought a dozen of my favorite macarons. I have been on a hunt for a more convenient place to get macarons since this bakery is only open until 3pm daily, not to mention the one-way streets and downtown traffic I have to deal with to get there; but nothing I found has been comparable!

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Wednesday my friend Jesse and I went to Sherman Oaks to shop at Tori Spelling's boutique InvenTORI! I know you either love or hate Tori, but I adore her! There wasn't much I wanted to buy at the shop, but I did end up getting a candle just to say it's my InvenTORI candle haha! We also discovered that Melissa Joan Hart's sweet shop, Sweet Harts, was just a few blocks away so we went in there and got gelato. The shop is super cute and they host kids parties in there! Rounding out our mini LA Day, we had lunch at Porto's. If you're ever in the LA area you must go to Porto's and experience their delicious potato balls and cheese rolls. I dragged Tyler to the one closer to OC a few days after this.

 Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
 Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
 Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
 Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Thursday was difficult because I had to move outside my comfort zone, but I finally took my first Zumba class! The evening classes at my gym are always packed so I use that as an excuse not to try it, but I'm glad I finally had an opportunity to go! It was a lot of fun and I plan on going back soon! I kind of ruined the hour of working out by indulging at Chronic Tacos, but hey, it was vacation! ;)

 Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
 Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Friday I had a baking day! It was much more low key than my usual holiday baking days, but I made some tasty goodies nonetheless. I baked scones, Oreo cupcakes, and pretzel presses. I was prepared for the end of the world with lots of sugar! ;)

 Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Throughout the week I also became addicted to the tv show Scandal and did a lot of knitting (4 scarves done during this week!). I found Berkeley's whistle in my knitting bag from their visit the weekend before which really made me smile!
 Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Finally on Saturday we celebrated Tyler's dad's birthday! I'd say it was a very productive yet relaxing vacation! Now, when is my next one scheduled? haha!

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for the feedback! Leave a note to let me know you dropped by and I'll come visit your blog, too! If I can't reach you by blog or email, I'll reply back right here shortly! Thanks again! xo