Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Christmas in San Jose

Ever since my best friend Jenna moved to San Jose, I think it's a new holiday tradition for me to go visit her at Christmastime. Last year we had a baking marathon which was out of this world!! This year we made it a priority to go into San Francisco together, since it's just a short train ride away!

 Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

I took a half day at work on Friday, December 7 and drove up north (hitting some crazy fog on the Grapevine, above). The timing really couldn't have been more perfect: I avoided LA traffic and got to San Jose soon after Jenna and Garrett got off of work. It was so awesome to be reunited with Jenna!! I think we had only seen each other one other time this year so of course we stayed up talking all night!

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
Reunited!!
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
Me and Daphne, Jenna and Garrett's fur baby :)
On Saturday we took the train into San Francisco and I had the worst Starbucks frap I've ever had in my life (seriously, I could have made a better Salted Caramel Mocha Frappucino myself, even if I can't spell it!). We headed into the city and did a TON of walking! One of my goals for 2012 was to run/walk a 5k. I didn't do it (I know, I know); however Jenna and I joked that we would do a 5caKe and find all the best cupcakes in SF while walking. I know we walked well over 5k and didn't even hardly eat anything bad! Well, except that Ghiradelli Brownie Sundae... but we split it!! ;) Oh wait, and I had a cannoli.... but it was vacation! ;)

 Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

 Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

 Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
Our first time at a City Target, so cute! But too small! ;)
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
My dream Christmas tree at Tiffany's!
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
Calamari and clam chowder lunch at Fisherman's Wharf
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
At Ghiradelli Square
 Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

 Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
This was a little space INSIDE the giant Christmas tree. We wanted to hang out in here! ;)

 Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
CRAMMED on the bus headed back to the train...
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
...things got ugly! hahaha!
Our day in San Francisco was so much fun!!! I think it was the highlight of my whole Christmas experience this year!! There's nothing like a day with your best friend, especially in a fun city!!

On Sunday we ventured out to the Gilroy outlets and made a killing at Coach! I really think next year I will just come here and buy everyone a Coach bag so everyone loves me and thinks I'm rich! ;) 

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

It was sad to part ways on Sunday night, but I can't say we didn't maximize our weekend together!! If your best friend lives close, don't take them for granted! And if they live far, I hope you are able to travel to visit them every once in awhile like Jenna and I can! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for the feedback! Leave a note to let me know you dropped by and I'll come visit your blog, too! If I can't reach you by blog or email, I'll reply back right here shortly! Thanks again! xo