Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Shop 'Til You Drop...Kinda

I absolutely love Thanksgiving week! Thanksgiving is the one holiday that brings my family together every year, which means my brother and sister-in-law drive down from Fresno with my niece and nephews! For that alone I am anxiously anticipating Thanksgiving and am grateful for family!

Last year....
But Thanksgiving week also means shopping!! 

...Me and Tara (my SIL) on our way to tackle Target, also last year ;)
Now before you go rolling your eyes with images of shoppers being trampled on Black Friday, hear me out: you can totally enjoy deals online without camping in front of your favorite retailer.



Amazon makes me giddy during Black Friday week. I already have The Vampire Diaries season 3 ordered for less than $10 and there are a slew of other DVDs, CDs and video games scheduled for sale this week that are sure to get you excited as stocking stuffers! Last year I got the first four seasons of Mad Men for less than one season regularly retails! You can also catch sweet deals on other items, like cameras. Last year I got my Canon DSLR for $100 off retail PLUS a free camera backpack and 8GB SD card.  

My tip for Amazon: Check their deal calendar to make sure you don't miss a deal. You need to check out within the specified window of time for the item on sale or else you lose the deal!

Woot.com is one of my favorite online shopping websites year round offering 1 deal a day, and once it's sold out it's gone. What makes Woot even more exciting on Thanksgiving week is they're more likely to post a Woot-Off. What is a Woot-Off, you ask? Basically it lifts the ban on 1-deal-a-day and introduces a new deal as soon as the previous one sells out or expires. During Woot-Offs I refresh my Woot page every hour or so. On Woot I've bought batteries, a tent, sleeping bags -- all for way under regular retail price. And another pro: Shipping is always $5, no matter what.

My tip for Woot: If you really want an item, don't delay because as soon as it sells out or hits midnight, you've lost your chance!

 

If you want to shop handmade {and I highly recommend it!}, there is an abundance of talented artists and crafters who have shops exclusively online which makes your shopping so much easier. Hannah at Happy Days has put together a whole Handmade Holiday Market with a ton of lovely and talented ladies showing off gifts you can order from the comfort of your own home.

Some other shops/ladies I particularly love, support and encourage you to buy from are:

Whippy Cake                      River and Bridge                 Lovely Little Whimsy
Happy Days                Take The Cannoli                      Sassy Lemonade                    Pen and Paint

My tip for shopping handmade: Order quickly so your item(s) have plenty of time to ship to you by Christmas! You also don't want these poor girls to be working up until December 24, do you? ;)



If you do plan to brave the brick and mortar stores this Black Friday, I suggest you check out all the ad leaks on BFAds.net, my favorite website for everything Black Friday! Any question you have about Black Friday can probably be answered on that website.

The most important thing to remember on Black Friday and during the holiday shopping season is to have fun and be nice, especially when out and about! Being nice is more important than a cheap tv!! ;)

2 comments:

  1. danielle! you are adorable!
    thanks for the shout outs, super sweet of you.

    and how did i not know about this woot dot com biz. i need it in my life!

    happy thanksgiving! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for featuring river & bridge! Stay tuned for a discount for Small Business Saturday! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for the feedback! Leave a note to let me know you dropped by and I'll come visit your blog, too! If I can't reach you by blog or email, I'll reply back right here shortly! Thanks again! xo