Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Black Friday {Weekend} Recap

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
Waiting in line at Target
Black Friday is one of my favorite holidays {after Thanksgiving & Christmas, of course}. That may sound strange, but I can assure you that some of the best memories I have made with my family are from times spent together on Black Friday. It is an especially fun time for my SIL Tara and I to spend together and it has become our tradition ever since the first Thanksgiving she spent with us. I think this year was the best year yet!

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
Finally found somewhere open for a midnight snack, Del Taco!
While we didn't need anything, there were things we wanted and things she could buy for her kids that were obviously less expensive on Black Friday than any other day. So we started at Target, waiting in line for about 2 hours. Target provided snacks and maps of the store and were the most efficient Black Friday store by far! We got everything we wanted there and then some! Then we headed to KMart, Best Buy {never went inside}, and Kohls. And then somehow Tara convinced me at 2:30am to go to the mall!! We really just wanted our Bath & Body Works candles {they're better than Yankee and way cheaper when 2 for $20, FYI!}, but we walked through the whole thing anyway. I didn't realize you could become so sore shopping! We really did get in a good work out! We shopped from 7pm {if you count waiting in line} until about 5am -- insane!!!

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
Coffee at 3am from Yum Yum {not Dunkin...lol}
After about 4 hours of sleep I headed back to my mom's house to say goodbye to Tara, my brother and the kids because they had to hit the road to drive home, BOO! They will be back to go to Disneyland in a few weeks for Tara's birthday though.

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
It's always hard to say goodbye to this face!
Of course, even though I shopped until I almost literally dropped, I couldn't let Black Friday continue to pass me by. For round 3 I went to JoAnn's and somehow they still had Cricut machines for $79.99! I also went to Target {again and again}, Michael's, and a different mall than the night before. Then I took a well deserved nap! When I finally saw Tyler that night he said I looked like I had been shopping for 24 hours straight lol.

 Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
With my new cozy blanket I got for $8 at Kohls! :)
The rest of the weekend consisted of transitioning into Christmas, yay!! I ate more pie, pulled out the Christmas decorations, crafted and started my monster Christmas puzzle I have never been able to finish! This is the year, guys!! I also went to 5 different Targets a total of 6 times in 48 hours. HAHA. Crazy.
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App 
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Thanksgiving weekend is truly the best - family, food, shopping and not feeling guilty about embracing Christmas any more! :) I hope you all enjoyed your weekend, too!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for the feedback! Leave a note to let me know you dropped by and I'll come visit your blog, too! If I can't reach you by blog or email, I'll reply back right here shortly! Thanks again! xo