Thursday, October 18, 2012

{Thankful} for God's Love

Last week I was convinced that I was going to get laid off from work after my boss told me my personal sales numbers were low. And they were really low compared to my previous years & my coworkers. I could make up excuses, but I readied myself to take responsibility for not being the best salesperson on my team and figure out where I would go from here.

All week I kept clinging to Psalm 68:19: "Praise the Lord! Praise God, Our Savior! For each day he carries us in his arms!" and Exodus 14:14: "The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still." Even though I probably didn't look like I was letting go and letting God, I did my best to remind myself of all the times I have ever felt out of control but God has taken care of me in obvious ways...

Like when my roommate bailed on me a week before rent was due and, even though I had to use a lot of my savings to transition, God provided me with an ideal no-roommates home of my own within my budget that I have lived in for the past 2½ years. Or when my car was falling apart and I didn't think I could afford a new one, God set everything in motion for me to end up in a brand new luxury model of the car I wanted at $25/month under budget. Both times I didn't walk through the problem stress-free, but I walked out smirking at God thinking, "You knew this was how it was going to turn out, didn't you?" He totally did.

So on Friday when I drove to work with a box in my car to take home my things in, I kept reminding myself that no matter what, God had my back and knew what was going to happen. And do you know what happened? My general manager said I had already met my sales goal this year and encouraged me to just keep plugging along to earn more money for my sales bonus. Wait, what? Apparently even though my sales numbers aren't the best, they're still good enough. I was pretty surprised last Friday, but still smirked up at God and shook my head at the shadow of doubts I had had.

I'm thankful that I still have a job, that's true. But I'm more thankful that I serve a loving God who takes care of me as His child. I'm thankful that God is patient even though I constantly have doubts. I'm thankful that He is active in my life and doesn't let me just figure it all out on my own, continuously teaching me new things and strengthening me as a Christian. I'm confident that even if I had lost my job, God would have still taken care of me and used it to teach me even more. Thank God for God. ;)

a punk, a pumpkin and a peanut

3 comments:

  1. I have smirked at God multiple times because of how he orchestrated everything so perfectly. Currently, I am praying for a new job but still thankful for the job I have. Esther Norine Designs

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is so SO faithful. I love to hear stories like this where when we trust God it all works out in the end. I'm thankful you still have your job too. Happy to be a new follower here ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're totally right - God has a way of taking care of us when we can't see it for ourselves. What a great post!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for the feedback! Leave a note to let me know you dropped by and I'll come visit your blog, too! If I can't reach you by blog or email, I'll reply back right here shortly! Thanks again! xo