Friday, October 12, 2012

Happy 1st Blog Birthday to Me!


Today is my blog's 1st birthday!
{and I really want to try to make a ruffle cake like the one above!}

A year ago today I decided to jump into this big blog world because I was so inspired by the other women whose blogs I read daily that I really wanted to be a part of it {my embarrassing first blog post here}. In the past, the only time I've ever been somewhat consistent on a blog was in high school and my first year of college. I'm pretty proud that I have been able to be fairly consistent with this blog, especially for documenting memories and making new friends!

While my main reason for blogging is to document memories {and more specifically to get in the habit of documenting memories on a blog for when I have kids}, 4 out of 5 of my top traffic posts are tutorials. 

Top 5 Posts {most traffic}
1. Bridal Shower Gift: Basket of Firsts {here}
2. Book Review: 50 Shades of Grey Trilogy {which has been moved to here}
3. Felt Christmas Tree Tutorial {here}
4. Felt Gift Bow Tutorial {here}
5. Tutorial: Loom Knitting a Simple Cap {here}

My Knit Together By Love page has also gotten more traffic than any post on my blog which makes me super happy because it's so important to me.  

However, my favorite posts are definitely more about making memories! 

My Top 10 Favorite Posts {in no particular order}
 Meet Brayden Wayne! {here}
2011 in Pictures {here}
Knitting with a Purpose {here}
My Amazing Cousin {here
Christmas Vacation Road Trip {here}
Modern Family Paleyfest Panel {here}
Embrace the Camera on Vacation {here}
Knit Together By Love Update {here}
Sugarcult's 10 Year Anniversary Show {here
San Diego Super Chargers {here}

I've had such a fun first year blogging and I hope to have even more fun in year 2! I'm definitely learning that it's important to blog for myself and not others {that's how my book blog was born!} and not to be so shy making friends! I feel very blessed to be a part of this blogging world!
Thank YOU so much for reading!! xoxo 

2 comments:

  1. Hey Danielle! Happy first blog birthday! Love that you reviewed all your faves and top traffic posts as well! I have been blogging since January and I cannot believe how much it has brought to my life. I have truly learned from it! Glad to see you have too! I am a newer follower and love reading type respective of another so al blogger! I think we are even I the same county!

    -Simone

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danielle congratulations on your blog birthday! What a true accomplishment! This was the best post I have ever seen about the subject...I loved how you linked back to your top/favorite posts! I also so enjoy your week in photos.

    P.S. aren' you glad it finally cooled off for a bit :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for the feedback! Leave a note to let me know you dropped by and I'll come visit your blog, too! If I can't reach you by blog or email, I'll reply back right here shortly! Thanks again! xo