Monday, October 29, 2012

A Little Bit MIA

I'll be honest, I've been in a little bit of an apathetic funk lately. You see, I love fall a lot and look forward to the holiday season as much as the next gal (if not more!). But Southern California hasn't exactly been fall-ish. I am pretty bummed that it's going to be Halloween in a few days and it still feels like August. We are getting ripped off! That's not to say I'm envious of you east coasters this week (please be safe as you get through Hurricane Sandy!), but these 80°+ temps have got to go for the year. Maybe then I'll have more great things to blog about!

Until then, here's some of what I've been up to lately . . .

I got bangs... well, not really. I got clip in bangs and they were really great! Until the next morning when I could barely open my eyes because of how bad they were irritated! Eeeek! I'm seriously considering getting some bangs next time I go in for my hair though. Although I hate maintaining them!


Despite the high temperatures, I tried to combat my where-is-fall-funk by baking with pumpkin. I tried that recipe where you take white box cake mix and add a can of pumpkin instead of eggs, oil, water, etc. I didn't really like them very much, but everyone else who tried them loved them! They just tasted like they were made with fake sweetener or something.

One of my old music pals put out a new CD this month and I'm really happy for him and proud of his hard work! I got my CD in the mail with a ton of goodies a few weeks ago and I'm really loving it! Check out J Charles and the Trainrobbers if you want some great new music! 

I was supposed to go to the second taping of Wendell & Vinnie tomorrow, but it got cancelled and I am SO BUMMED ABOUT IT!!! I already have tickets to the next taping though, but so far I'm going alone. Anyone else want to head out to Burbank with me next Tuesday?? haha! 

I was impressed by my Birchbox this month {Kiehls and Essie made me extra happy and that Luna bar saved me one day at lunch!}, but I'm still considering switching to Ipsy. Anyone else have any thoughts? 

I had so much fun participating in the Warm the Soul Secret Squirrel Swap this month!! My partner Jenn hooked me up!! I'll be blogging more about it later this week! :) 

I got a new desk and last night I spent most of the evening organizing a lot of my scrapbooking and craft goodies {while catching up on the ever amazing Homeland, of course}! I am getting pumped to try and finish my scrapbooks for 2010-current {yes, I'm crazy} before the end of the year. Wish me luck! :/

Today my book review blog is participating in its first ever Virtual Book Tour and I'm pretty excited about it! Go check out my review for The Chupacabra here, it's a GREAT book!!

Finally, I'm super proud of this guy for all his hard work at work and I'm excited for his future! <3 p="p">

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for the feedback! Leave a note to let me know you dropped by and I'll come visit your blog, too! If I can't reach you by blog or email, I'll reply back right here shortly! Thanks again! xo