Monday, September 24, 2012

2012 Emmys {my 2 cents}

I think Jimmy Kimmel did a great job hosting The Emmys last night! Also, a lot of my favorites won. Although I was so devastated that Christina Hendricks did not win Best Supporting Actress in a Drama for her role in Mad Men; she was absolutely flawless last season! My favorite scene ever is this one:



Seriously, I have replayed that scene a million times. Ask Tyler. "Surprise! There's an airplane here to see you!" is pretty much my most quoted tv line ever despite there never being the right context for it.

I was happy for Modern Family for all of their wins, as usual, but it does kind of bug me when a show comes along and makes it less of a competition for the others. It is an incredible show though with a great message, so I can't fault them for that! Also forget Sofia Vergara's body, I would still give my pinky for Julie Bowen's arms {of course, minus the work it probably takes to get them}. 

{via}

Since I didn't have Christina Hendrick's win to celebrate, my favorite moments of the night were when Damien Lewis and Claire Danes took the best actor and actress in a drama respectively for Homeland, such a great show! I was really happy for Homeland for winning best drama also, although my love for Mad Men made it kind of bittersweet. The Paley Center better have a Homeland panel for Paleyfest now!

{via}

Overall it was a nice show, albeit somewhat predictable. My fingers are crossed for Christina Hendricks next year already!

 {via}


3 comments:

  1. i think i'm so left out since i have never watched the shows you mentioned in the post. none of them. i should catch up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought Eric Stonestreet's acceptance speech was really sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't watch, but I do agree with you that Christina Hendricks deserved to win. There's always next year... Love the airplane video!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for the feedback! Leave a note to let me know you dropped by and I'll come visit your blog, too! If I can't reach you by blog or email, I'll reply back right here shortly! Thanks again! xo