I know there are greater things to be afraid of, like death and earthquakes and losing loved ones, but my biggest legitimate phobia is birds. I am terrified of birds. If there is a parakeet or a parrot on your shoulder, I will run the opposite direction like it's Godzilla. My grandma told me that when I was little, my great-grandpa had parakeets and once one was flying around and got caught in my hair. It's safe to say that's where this phobia got its start. And no, there is no photo to go with this; I am too afraid of googling "bird pictures".
2. If you could relive any day of your life, which would it be?
In kindergarten, one of my best friends told me, "You talk too much, you talk too fast, and you talk too loud." Before she said that, my short little life had been full of nothing but positive reinforcement from my family, but this one peer's opinion devastated me, making me much more self-conscious, self-aware and hypersensitive to criticism. I would love to relive that day with enough confidence to tell her that she doesn't need to listen to me if it's such a problem, and walk away without caring. I wonder how different of a person I would be today.
|"I talk HOW MUCH, biatch?!" -what I should have said (okay, maybe not "biatch"...)|
|Me & a friend at 21 - healthy hair & skin, woo!|
|Singing on stage with Sugarcult at 18|
I wouldn't quite say "mistaken for", but too many people say I look like Melissa Joan Hart, which I still haven't decided if that's a good thing or a bad thing. The woman hasn't aged in 20 years, so I guess it's not all bad! When the soap opera Passions was on the air, I was told I looked like the original "Gwen" character".
Here are just a few representative of my life thus far (I'll regret missing a bunch though!) -
- "Simple Kind of Life" - No Doubt (not my favorite ND song, but meaningful)
- "MMMBop" - Hanson (not my favorite Hanson song, but I have to represent my youth!)
- "Screamer" - Good Charlotte (again, I have to represent my youth. Don't judge! haha)
- "Pretty Girl" - Sugarcult (not at all for reasons you'd think)
- "Cross-Tolerance" - Over It (a band doesn't add a song to their set for you and not make this list)
- "On Letting Go" - Circa Survive
- "Extraordinary Machine" - Fiona Apple
- "King of Misperfection" - Ryan Gillmor
- "In Fear and Faith" - Circa Survive
- "Everybody" - Ingrid Michaelson
- "Alive with the Glory of Love" - Say Anything (the big finale)