Friday, June 8, 2012

Meet Brayden Wayne!

On Wednesday, June 6 I had quite a crazy day! Two hours before midnight my pregnant sister-in-law, Tara, headed to the hospital because she was having contractions. Tara and my brother Ryan live 4 hours north of me, so I decided to try to get a little bit of sleep before embarking on the drive and left my house around 3:30am, anticipating Tara would be in labor for awhile. Well, the little guy didn't want to wait for his Auntie D and arrived before I could make it to the hospital! Meet Brayden Wayne!!!
I got to spend a lot of time with Ryan, Tara and Brayden in the hospital once I finally got there and it was really nice! I was so glad I came, even though I was so dang tired from my drive!!


In the afternoon, Ryan and I went to pick up my niece (she's almost 4) & other nephew (he turns 2 next Tuesday) from daycare. They didn't know I was in town so we decided to surprise them. Across the street from their daycare is a park, so I secretly waited there while Ryan walked them over to play. I sat on a swing with my back toward them. Berkeley ran over to where I was so she could swing, not knowing it was me sitting there. I had my sunglasses on and she looked up at me and politely said, "Hi," as if I were a stranger. Then I took my sunglasses off and the look on her face was absolutely priceless-- she just lit up and squealed, "YOU'RE MY AUNTIE D!!!!" Ohhh, it was such an incredible feeling to see her excitement!!! I just love that girl - and her little brothers!

We played at the park for awhile and then we all went to see Baby Brayden in the hospital. It was so nice to spend time with them all since I don't get to see them as often as I like.
 I actually drove home afterwards because we were short handed at work this week and I couldn't miss another day. I got home exactly 24 hours after Tara went into labor and it was a rough day at work the next day, but it was well worth it! Welcome to the chaos, Brayden!!
 A little flashback for fun . . . 

2 comments:

  1. How CUTE is Brayden?! Oh my gosh, newborns are the best! Can't wait for mine... anyway now! Ha! Congrats on being an aunt... to more! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I can NOT wait for you to have your little one!! I hope you're on your way to the hospital by now!! xoxo

      Delete

Thank you so much for the feedback! Leave a note to let me know you dropped by and I'll come visit your blog, too! If I can't reach you by blog or email, I'll reply back right here shortly! Thanks again! xo