Sunday, March 18, 2012

Runner Runner at Chain Reaction

A few months ago I posted about Sugarcult's 10 Year Anniversary Show at Chain Reaction and I must admit, it was one of my favorite blog posts ever. I think it's because of that period of my life where it takes me back, a time when I was finding my identity and forging a way for myself as a person. Sugarcult (the band, the music, the experience) was so important to shaping me into the person that I am today, but so was Over It.

Over It was a band from Virginia who came out to California to "make it". I was one of their first fans in California and knew them from their beginning out here. Similar to Sugarcult, these guys, their music and the experience they created, helped me find my identity in the mess of teenage emotions & experiences. They were (and still are!) so near to my heart and I can't emphasize enough how happily I look back on those times as the life preserver that kept me afloat through teenage difficulty.
My mom once let them spend the night at our house when they needed somewhere to stay. HAHA!
Over It has since disbanded (much to my extreme sadness!), but 3 of the founding members went on to form Runner Runner, a band David Letterman signed to his record label. While they aren't quite Over It, I still get giddy when I see these 3 guys on stage performing new music.

Me & Nicole with Over It in Florida Summer 2003
Last month my friend Nicole and I went to see Runner Runner play at Chain Reaction. Nicole and I actually met in line at an Over It show in 2003 and we have been pretty inseparable ever since traveling all over the country to see them, literally. Even if it's not Over It, we still had a great time seeing Runner Runner play again!




These guys will always have a special place in my heart because they helped shape me into the person that I am today. And, like with the Sugarcult show, I took 10-years-later pictures (late 2001 to early 2012). Sad I didn't do one with James!



Glad I got over the red lipstick! HAHA! But why does my hair look so thick back in 2001?! Want that back! ;)

If you haven't checked out Runner Runner already, do it! I also recommend checking out Over It, but then you will be sad like me that you can't go see them in concert or see Seth play music anymore. Sad days!

1 comments:

Thank you so much for the feedback! Leave a note to let me know you dropped by and I'll come visit your blog, too! If I can't reach you by blog or email, I'll reply back right here shortly! Thanks again! xo