Thursday, March 29, 2012

My Kind of Girl's Day

Note: as always, I'm too lazy to tag my pictures. If you want to use them for anything, please link me back. Thank you!

What do you think of when you think of a Girl's Day? Shopping? Mani/pedis? Lunch and lurking* your favorite houses on tv? Sure, why not?! When my friend Taylore visited from Sacramento to go to the 2012 PaleyFest Mad Men & Modern Family panels we had a free day to do whatever we pleased and eating a ton of sugar + finding the Modern Family house exteriors was what we aimed to do! 
{*just as creepy as stalking but sounds less illegal}

Before the Modern Family houses we went to Dexter & Rita's Season 4 house from Dexter, because it's really close to my house. If we really wanted to plan a day, we could have found Rita's house from seasons 1 & 2 because it's very close by, too (along with some other Dexter places).

Disclaimer: This sounds like a good time to tell you, we never got out of our car & all pictures are taken through my sun roof. As with every situation such as this, it's important to be respectful and acknowledge that this is really somebody's house! Don't take this blog post as an excuse to be rude, crazy or illegal when it comes to lurking celebrities or their fake houses because that is not what I'm encouraging! :)
After the Dexter house we went to DoLy's Delectables in Long Beach for lunch and OH MY GOODNESS, everything was delicious!! I specifically picked this place because of their Yelp reviews for macaroons which I had been craving. Their macaroons did not disappoint and neither did their sandwiches!
I tried the Salted Caramel, Pistachio and Toasted Almond macaroons and my favorite was the Salted Caramel! I also got one of each for Tyler, so don't think I ate all of these by myself (although I WOULD have! haha!).



 From Long Beach we headed toward Beverly Hills . . .

. . . and straight to Sprinkles for some cupcakes! Okay, we really did some things in between that were not interesting but I swear we did not stuff our face with macaroons and immediately stuff our face with cupcakes. I pinky swear! Although, I would do this if I "had" to... ;)
 We got our cupcakes from the new, super gimmicky cupcake ATM! As silly as it sounds, it is amazing!
I got a red velvet cupcake because I have never really understood the hype revolving around red velvet. My logic was: if I still don't "get" red velvet after Sprinkles, then I never will understand it. It's safe to say I now love Red Velvet!! hahahaha! Also, after reading Ashley's Sprinkles vs Crumbs cupcake war review on Adventures of Newlyweds, I want to get to Crumbs as quickly as possible!!

After we successfully entered into a sugar coma, we headed over to Cam & Mitchell's house from Modern Family. Pardon the sunroof shot; a lady was jogging so we snapped this quickly to avoid looking like the crazies we are.  I mean, we do have some pride. I'll be honest, this neighborhood was not as nice as it looks on tv; not saying I wouldn't want to live in this house, but they try to make it look like the Hancock Park area when it's really on the other end of town. It's very interesting to actually go to the real houses because it changes the dynamic of the show a little bit. (I know, I'm just a little crazy when it comes to "my shows" though, so don't mind me and my tv psychobabble...ha!).

Next up was the Dunphy house from Modern Family. It was actually really funny finding this house because the road leading to it was kind of windy and I wanted to blow through so many stop signs! If you watch Modern Family you know the irony to this in relation to the lack of stop signs according to Claire.
The neighborhood this house is in is beautiful! I would live in any one of the houses happily! It made me sad that I live in southern California where this is a multi-million dollar home while in other states I bet it's much more affordable! Although then I remembered the beach a few miles away and was happy with California again. ;)

We probably had time to go to Jay & Gloria's house from Modern Family, but it was kind of far (by LA traffic definition) and we imagined it was well gated, so we passed. It was more important to get to the theater where the Modern Family panel was held to get in line for good seats! ;)

And for all you Hunger Games fans, we parked on a great street!! :)


Tomorrow: Modern Family PaleyFest Panel pictures & recap!

5 comments:

  1. I'm not sure if you are notified of replies via blogger but I really enjoyed your comment about finding love and being shy. I wish all the love in the world to you and your loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww I'm so glad that you liked that, I mean it! Let God take control and I know he will make great things happen for you! Thank you so much, I really appreciate you visiting my blog!! xoxo

      Delete
  2. This looks like the perfect girl's day!!! I LOVE looking at cool houses :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could have gone inside! haha! :) xoxo

      Delete
  3. lol too funny! i have many pictures in front of cam and mitchell's house because my aunt and uncle live in the neighborhood :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for the feedback! Leave a note to let me know you dropped by and I'll come visit your blog, too! If I can't reach you by blog or email, I'll reply back right here shortly! Thanks again! xo