Friday, February 3, 2012

Knit Together Friday {#7}

Photobucket
Last week Ashley at Under the Sycamore posted about the latest Craft Hope project and it is right up Knit Together By Love's alley! This project involves making hats and bags for children battling pediatric cancer and I am encouraged to make as many as I possibly can between now and the deadline.

The basics are that you can knit, crochet, sew, whatever you want, just so long as you make hats/beanies and bags for the children. It doesn't matter what size, color, style, etc - the kids in need are from babies to teenagers, boys and girls, with all different wants and styles.

Knit Together By Love is pledging to send 25 hats to Craft Hope, which is my goal to make by March 5 when I will be shipping them to meet the March 12 deadline. I have asked my friends and family to also help by making some hats and now I am asking YOU! If you can make hats (or bags, too!), please consider making some and sending them to the address on this website. You can even blog about the experience and link up on the Knit Together Friday page. If you live in southern California, I will even mail your hats for you if you finish by March 5. Email me and we can arrange something.

Last night I taught my mom, my sister {Taylor} and her boyfriend {Isaiah} how to loom knit so that they can help me make hats for Craft Hope! I was so excited and they all learned so quickly. I kid you not: loom knitting is for everybody! {See my tutorial for a simple, brimless hat here}.

As with any craft, you need your necessary tools, seen here. Yes, wine with ice in it is necessary (haha jk).
Photobucket

Here we all are hard at work. My mom refused to be in any pictures, so you get her wine glass. ;)
null

null

null

For some reason you have to do this when you're loom knitting a hat! ;)

Photobucket

null

Progress....
null

null

My mom & I made complementary colored hats: mine rose with a gray stripe, hers gray with a rose stripe.
null

Finished with the hats! Mine is an older child/adult size, Mom's is an infant/small child size
null

Added some flowers (Mom used her flower as a pom pom - I had never thought of that!)
null

Taylor's finished hat (she made one without a brim)
null

Taylor gave me one of her Styrofoam mannequin heads to use as a hat model, woo hoo! Here's my finished hat . . .
null

...and here is the mannequin jazzed up even more, because she looked so sad and plain! ;)
null

We had a really fun time creating hats and we did all of that from around 7pm to 10pm! It didn't take very long at all!

If you have any questions about loom knitting, Knit Together By Love, or how you can help donate hats and bags to Craft Hope, send me an email or leave a comment. I'll be posting some answers to your questions next week AND hosting my first giveaway! The prize: a Knifty Knitter Assorted Loom Set (includes every item I use for my knitting!)
{about the worst stock photo I've ever seen of anything!}

Photobucket

Check back next week for more information on how to win! :)


Now it's your turn to knit others together with God's love!
Link up over on the Knit Together Friday Page!


null
I hope you'll join me in making hats for Craft Hope! Please link up to show me how you're helping!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for the feedback! Leave a note to let me know you dropped by and I'll come visit your blog, too! If I can't reach you by blog or email, I'll reply back right here shortly! Thanks again! xo