Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Lessons in Loom Knitting & More

Ever since I began loom knitting, a lot of people have wanted to learn how. I cannot emphasize how easy and uncomplicated it is, even if you've found (like me!) that knitting with needles is beyond your coordination level and attention span!

null

Last night my friend Brittany and I went over to our Auntie Margaret's house to teach her how to loom knit hats (she's not really our aunt, but we consider her honorary!). I taught Brittany a few months ago and she has been knitting up a storm ever since (remember my cute ear warmer she made me? She is awesome!)! Here is Auntie Margaret with her new kit!

null

Brittany brought her new Martha Stewart loom that I never was interested in buying until Brittany showed me how to use it and all the things you can do with it! Now I am very tempted!

null

null

null

Margaret picked up how to loom knit so quickly and easily. She didn't quite finish her hat over the course of the evening, but Margaret and I work together so we're going to wrap it up at lunch today!

null

I was really in need of a girls night because I've been going through a rough week, and this really hit the spot! Thanks, ladies!!

null

The best part is that the Knit Together By Love elves are working on a very special project this week. That's right - I now have elves! ;) More on this pile of hats on Knit Together Friday!

null

Thinking it might be nice to start having a weekly knitting night with the girls... hmmm...

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh Danielle! I've been wanting to get one of these SO BADLY and I've stopped and looked.... and then passed it right by! I'm so glad you posted this! You've nudged me!!! :) I'm SO glad we've linked up!!! :) Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute idea!! However i don't know how much crafting I'd get done...probably just more talking :)
    New Follower!!
    Kaleigh xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to learn!!
    come check out my yummy giveaway!
    follow each other?
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for the feedback! Leave a note to let me know you dropped by and I'll come visit your blog, too! If I can't reach you by blog or email, I'll reply back right here shortly! Thanks again! xo