Monday, January 30, 2012

Last Week via Instagram

Linking up with {Story of My Life}

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
1. I couldn't take down all the birthday cards displayed in my house! This was my favorite from my best friend Jenna-bee! :)

2. Finally bought The Hunger Games but I'm afraid to start it! Everyone says I'll read the entire first book in one session and I'll be overcome with depression when I've finished the series! I haven't been ready for something that intense yet.

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
3. I tried to teach myself how to crochet and it almost ended in tears. Seriously! It's not smart that a crochet hook can be used as a weapon!

4. This picture isn't really from Instagram, but it shows my "progress". There is no way I could move beyond this stitch. At least not until I've taken a month break to recollect my crochet-stamina! I don't know how you people do it! Loomin' all the way for me!

Photobucket Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
5. I helped Tyler slowly start moving last week (he is moving his stuff into storage until the escrow closes on his friend's new house he's moving into) and we found glow sticks - essential to making moving more fun!

6. My favorite part about moving one person slowly (/without the need for a moving truck) is playing Tetris with boxes! I fit way more than Tyler thought we could move in one trip!

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
7. I've been really trying to drink more water lately, and this handy Hello Kitty water dispenser holds exactly 8 glasses of water. I put it in my office to remind me that I have to drink all of it by the end of the day. So far it's helpful and my coworkers are encouraging me.

8. Speaking of my coworkers, here is one of them trying to eat Chobani Greek Yogurt that his wife is trying to get him to eat. I personally love the stuff, but he wasn't enjoying it as much!

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
9. I watched the pilot episode of "Smash" and I must say I like it a lot more than I thought I would! Jack Davenport is my main motivation for watching (seen above), although I do prefer him in his "Flash Forward" role. *sigh*

10. I made donuts out of muffin mix with my donut maker Jenna got me for Christmas. They turned out so delicious! I also tried "no pudge" brownie mix, but those didn't turn out as well.

Photobucket Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

11. This is me & Daisy, my neighbor's dog who I basically get all the benefit of having with none of the responsibilities. She is perfect and I want a dog just like her when I grow up!

12. On Friday night I picked Jenna up from the Long Beach airport! YAY!! Also, I finally got to utilize living so darn close to it!


Photobucket Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
13. Jenna and I reunited! YAY!!

14. We went to Slaters 50/50 with Jenna's sister and it was really good food! I do not recommend going if you are on a diet! ;)

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
15. I went to a memorial for my mom's cousin who passed away. It was bittersweet seeing family I hadn't seen in years. I got to spend quality time with my cousin's daughter Gina, which is always nice - she has such a personality!

16. This is my Heaven. Okay, not really, but the aisle of yarn was very pretty to me!

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
17. I used gift cards I got for my birthday to finally buy this Martha Stewart loom Brittany got me interested in {remember?}. She is going to teach me how to use it tomorrow and I hope to make my new nephew a blanket with it before he arrives!

18. I also bought this adorable red coat for 50% off at Forever21! I wanted to buy it back in September when I actually needed a coat but decided black was more practical. YAY for holding out!! :)

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
19. On Saturday night I went to Amoeba with Tyler and his best friend Drew (more on that tomorrow). We all got a bunch of good stuff!

20. Yesterday I did inventory on all the yarn I have that I want to use to make hats for the Craft Hope beanie project I'm working on (I buy way too much when I have plenty still left to use!). I knit 3 beanies last night alone! My goal is to knit 20 by March 5 but I will be especially proud of myself if I knit 30. I would love to send 50 hats total, so that means I need to really rally around my family and friends to make some hats to donate with me (More on that Friday!)!

Hope you all had a nice weekend and are energized for this week. I'm not... haha! ;)

4 comments:

  1. LOVE that hello kitty water jug! I WANT!!! :) I'm horrible at drinking enough water!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cute bee birthday card, and Daisy, who looks so fluffy and cuddly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i bought the hunger games too! it's next on my list

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww!! I feel so special...you featured the card I got you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for the feedback! Leave a note to let me know you dropped by and I'll come visit your blog, too! If I can't reach you by blog or email, I'll reply back right here shortly! Thanks again! xo