Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Getting Fit

Did you know... this blog used to be a fitness journey blog? Yes, it's true and so hard to believe! For a short amount of time last year I decided that tracking my progress publicly with the world would be a great motivational tool for getting healthy & fit. Unfortunately I didn't keep up with the blog and ended up deleting all of its content (probably because I actually recorded my weight on here! Eek!).

Photobucket
originally {here} pinned by me {here}

One of my biggest goals of 2012 (and 2011 :x) is to get fit. It's not to "lose weight" because I don't care if I stay the same weight on the scale so long as I feel better and become more healthy. Feeling better does include liking what I look at when I see myself in the mirror or in a picture; but it also means having more energy and building up positive self-esteem based on setting and accomplishing a goal.

Photobucket
originally {here} pinned by me {here}

I joined a gym, which some people I know think is crazy considering I live in southern California and our "winter" has been an average of 70 mild degrees or so. However, I'm paranoid of running alone at night, prefer the variety of equipment at the gym and can watch tv! Also if I'm paying for it, I better be going, right?!

Photobucket
originally {here} pinned by me {here}

One mini-goal I have for 2012 is to run a 5k. In my head my real goal is to run a 5k by summer and run a 10k by the end of the year, but I'm not putting that on paper! I prefer to only commit to one thing for now. I am not a runner, never have been. I got myself pumped up last summer attempting to become one (ran a mile in under 12 minutes and was so excited LOL!). I lost my momentum and hope to regain it through the Couch to 5k program (I'm using the Zen Labs free app for iPhone) and I've completed Days 1 & 2 so far. Woo hoo! It hasn't been as hard as I thought it would be getting back into the swing of things and I'm proud of these tiny steps I've made so far!
Photobucket
originally {here} pinned by me {here} (and really, that's so me!)

I will continue to blog about my fitness journey and hope you will support me in my endeavors! Last week I ordered a bridesmaid dress for my friend Nicole's wedding 1 size smaller than I fit into! If that isn't motivating enough, I'm not sure what is!

2 comments:

  1. Same here! I need to always carry a nail file to avoid those situations.

    Ps. Those running photos are so funny! Hahaha good luck on your fitness goals

    ReplyDelete
  2. that last running photo is epic!

    I am right there with you though, I want to become healthier, NOT lose weight, though I wouldn't complain if I did ;D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for the feedback! Leave a note to let me know you dropped by and I'll come visit your blog, too! If I can't reach you by blog or email, I'll reply back right here shortly! Thanks again! xo