Tuesday, January 17, 2012

twenty-eight.

So today I turn 28. That is crazy. I don't even know what to think about it! I suppose for the most part I don't really have a problem with getting older, but it's definitely intense to see that number! I still feel like I'm 19!!

When I turned 8 (twenty years ago!), my mom took me, my cousins and a few friends to the movie theater to see Beauty & the Beast. I remember it vividly and was so excited! While Ariel is my favorite Disney princess, Belle is not far behind! How perfect that Disney re-released Beauty & the Beast in 3D the weekend before my birthday?!

Like I mentioned yesterday: you're never too old for loot bags! So I threw together these simple cuties with chocolates, princess wands ($1 for 4 @ Target) and princess bracelets ($1 for 8 @ Target). Not gonna lie, totally threw in some left over non-minty Christmas chocolate to bulk up the bags(mostly caramel Kisses)! And there's no way an adult could wear one of those bracelets!
Photobucket
I didn't have the nerve to actually wear the crown below. It was just so cute and sparkly, I had to buy it for $2! I did, however, bring my Belle wand! And I was obnoxious! Not during the movie though, I am a good theater-goer!
Photobucket

Let's be honest: most 20-somethings don't want to spend $16 to see a Disney movie they have already seen (probably multiple times), even if it is in 3D. Let's not even get started on the boys (I have a lot of guy friends). So I did not blame people for not showing up! The friends in the pictures below are quite incredible in that they did come to celebrate with me in a totally silly-for-adults way! And these are unedited, so don't mind the fact that I seriously need a lip wax. We're all friends here, right? haha!

With Tyler ...
Photobucket
With Enrique . . .
Photobucket
With David . . .
Photobucket
With Nicole . . .
Photobucket
Looking mighty fashionable . . .
Photobucket

Photobucket
Nicole & Sondie - after the movie @ TGIFridays
Photobucket
Nicole attacking that orange!
Photobucket
Mojitos & coffee - a winning combination!
Photobucket
The coffee drinker
Photobucket
I put my "enchanted rose" in Tyler's hair - he was a good sport!
Photobucket
I had ONE drink. And got SO tipsy. Fortunately there were no drunk tweets this time!
Photobucket

Photobucket
Love my friends! (Unfortunately we took this after Tyler left for work :/)
Photobucket

Tonight I'm celebrating with my family at our favorite mexican restaurant and hopefully going to run over to Disneyland to snag another Happy Birthday button (the one above is from last year). Birthdays are fun when you're surrounded by great friends & family, no matter how old you get!



4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, love! Hope you have a magical wonderful day!

    xoxo, ashley
    afterninetofive.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this! That is AWESOME you did this. I remember seeing movies so vividly too when I was younger. Like Sandlot? I went with my 1st grade boyfriend Jason and held his hand. It was monumental. HA! Happy birthday cute girl, looks like you had a blast! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy birthday!!!!!! i hope you got to go to disneyland!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HOW FUN! Happy Birthday! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for the feedback! Leave a note to let me know you dropped by and I'll come visit your blog, too! If I can't reach you by blog or email, I'll reply back right here shortly! Thanks again! xo