Linking up with Living in Yellow (love this blog!)
I completely failed my 2 resolutions for 2011: save more money & get fit/healthy. They are the most stereotypical and cliche resolutions a person could have though, so I suppose I'm not the only one with them on my list again this year. These resolutions are big in the sense that I hope to not just incorporate them into my year, but into my regular lifestyle for years to come.
Inspired by 12 by 2012 (originally found on this blog), I have also set some smaller goals for myself. I feel like these goals are more manageable and in some ways will help with my larger resolutions. I find that blogging really helps hold me accountable for these goals; I get excited to cross things off my list publicly and to get to share my experiences with you.
So without further ado, here are my 12 Goals by 2012:
- Maintain a memory jar & Captain's Log to preserve the memories of 2012
- Knit/crochet 112 things (inspired by Minimalist Knitter)
- Learn how to crochet
- Learn how to use my DSLR camera on manual settings (I'm an auto girl right now :/)
- Reach a predetermined quarterly savings goal at the end of March, June, September and December.
- Finish my 2010 scrapbook (yes, 2010. That book laughs at me whenever I see it.)
- Make a 2011 scrapbook (better late than never!)
- Run a 5k (I cannot believe I just typed that!)
- Finish my new niece or nephew's baby blanket before they're born
- Take an actual class to learn something new (I'm thinking piano lessons, ceramics, painting, web design, photography, cooking, etc).
- Travel out of state at least once
- Read a minimum of 1 book each month (hopefully it will be more, but I have been slacking off so bad with reading it makes me sad)
I made a button, in case you want to use it and make your own goals!