Sunday, December 11, 2011

The Christmas Quiz

null
Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?

Hot chocolate! (to be honest, I've never even tried egg nog! The word "egg" in there scares me!)



Colored lights on tree/house or white?

It totally depends on the decorations that accompany it and/or the style of the house!


Do you hang mistletoe?

Yes! It's such a fun tradition!


When do you put your decorations up?

Usually within the week after Thanksgiving



What is your favorite holiday dish?
Stuffing, my mom's broccoli casserole (sounds gross, right? It's NOT!), and all of the sweet treats!


Favorite Holiday memory as a child?
My parents put off getting a Christmas tree one year until Christmas eve (I'm pretty sure it was due to financial constraints). Because we waited so long, the only thing we had time to do was put the lights on it that night. Very early Christmas morning, my brothers and I all snuck out to the living room and hung every single Christmas ornament on that tree! We were little, I think I was 8, Ryan was 5 and Jordan was 2 (yes, even he had a role in it!). My mom is meticulous with ornaments, so we placed them exactly how we knew she would like them. My brothers and I worked together to pull it off and when my parents woke up they looked at the tree as if Santa had come! They were so happy that there was time for a real Christmas tree experience after all!



When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?

I think my cousin told me so I told our other cousin. I remember a lot of drama because we leaked to each other.


Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?

When I was little I always got to open at least 1 Christmas gift on Christmas Eve. I say "at least 1" because usually we would talk our parents into 2. ;)



How do you decorate your Christmas tree?

My mom is insane with Christmas tree lights and has scarred me for life because of it! One year I think she had 3200 lights on our standard 7'ish sized tree!! So I start with lights as best I can like she did - around every single branch (she learned from studying the trees at Macy's & Nordstrom). I have a few sets of generic gold glittery bulbs but I mostly have ornaments that are dated and have some sort of significance. From my parents first Christmas ornament dated 1982 to a Baby's First Christmas ornament for my nephew dated 2010, most of my ornaments are significant. My tree isn't very color uniform because of all of the ornaments, but I like it that way! More on this next week!



Snow! Love it or dread it?

I've never gotten to experience a snow fall and have barely experienced snow at all! :(


Do you remember your favorite gift?

I have a fond memory of each year that I got a bike! It seems like a bike is the end-all be-all present when you're a kid!


What is your favorite holiday dessert?

Pumpkin Pie!


What is your favorite holiday tradition?

Wrapping Christmas presents while listening to Christmas music!


Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum?
I love them but I don't care to eat them. I wouldn't say Yuck though...



Favorite Christmas movie?
The Grinch Who Stole Christmas (original cartoon) & Rudolph (the claymation one)


Saddest Christmas song?

The Christmas Shoes. So. So. Sad. << agree!



What is your favorite Christmas song?
At Christmas by Hanson, so perfect

Originally found on Eisley Rae!

P.S. Aren't the poinsetta's in my header beautiful?! I took that picture at the Bellagio Conservatory in Las Vegas last weekend! Amazing!

1 comments:

  1. What a fun little quiz! I may need to borrow this. :) Thanks for the comment on my blog. I always appreciate it!!

    Digger
    www.digdeeperdesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for the feedback! Leave a note to let me know you dropped by and I'll come visit your blog, too! If I can't reach you by blog or email, I'll reply back right here shortly! Thanks again! xo