Thursday, December 22, 2011

"Baking" Cream Puffs

null
Danielle #2, Brittany, Margaret, Pepper, and Chef Raymond
Not pictured: me, Danielle #3, Charlie, Amy and Suzanne
Boys who snuck into the girl party not pictured: Ryan & Tim

Last week my friend, Margaret, invited a bunch of gals over to her house so her brother, Raymond, could teach us how to make cream puffs from scratch! Raymond is a gourmet chef at a retirement community and cooks & bakes for 220+ people each day!

Photobucket

While Raymond went through step by step and showed us the process of making the delicious dessert, I have to admit -- we didn't pay much attention!! (I'm sorry if you thought this was a recipe post!) My friend Brittany was there along with some other fun & silly girls so we pretty much talked each others ears off all night while we patiently waited for Raymond to finish the cream puffs for us to EAT! :)

Photobucket
Technically we also made eclairs!

We did get to pipe the cream into the delicious cream puff bread so we did something! Oh! And we poured chocolate syrup on top of them too! ;)
Photobucket
Brittany enjoys our Raymond's hard work! / my cream puff creation! / Adorable baby Charlie who helped! ;)

The night was a lot of fun! Brittany is married to Tyler's best friend so we sent the boys a voice text of us singing, "Dontcha wish you could eat cream puffs like us!" to the tune of the Pussycat Dolls song hahaha!

Photobucket
Here's the cream puff Raymond made - show off!!! haha! ;)

One of the best parts is that I also work with Margaret, so this morning she brought in left over cream puffs for breakfast! WOO HOO! :)

I hope you're getting in as much holiday baking as you can this week! It's my favorite!!

Marking this off my 12 by 2012 list! :)

2 comments:

Thank you so much for the feedback! Leave a note to let me know you dropped by and I'll come visit your blog, too! If I can't reach you by blog or email, I'll reply back right here shortly! Thanks again! xo