Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thankful for Friends Party

Last Sunday my Thankful for Friends party was very successful! What started as a small game night with my friends turned into me laying out a spread for a much larger party! I made all sorts of goodies and I know I already mentioned some earlier this week. . .

I made about a million cake balls, mostly pumpkin but some cookies & cream. I also made pumpkin muffins & Oreo cupcakes along with chocolate peanut butter cup cupcakes. Delicious!
Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket

I also made party favors: everyone got a deck of cards that were Harry Potter theme. It was a game night + a lot of the friends invited are my Harry Potter loving buddies, so it was perfect! I snagged them at the 99cent store! I wrapped them in burlap, ribbon, and scraps of fall fabric.
Photobucket

I was going to get rid of this table months ago, but it really came in handy!
Photobucket


Baking and setting up was half the fun, but the real fun started when my friends came! My house is a small studio, so it was a small group invited. Remember the friends I mentioned who I didn't feel invested in our friendships as much as I wished? Yeah, none of them showed but I'm over it.

Our group! Girls in the back: Jennifer, Tara, me // Boys in the front: Tyler, Chris & Jesse
Photobucket Photobucket

We started with Operation & Tara won! Followed by Taboo, in which the boys won despite that we dubbed Jennifer the Queen of this game! She is good! :)

Photobucket Photobucket

Finally we played Guesstures and the girls won! :) Final score of the night . . .
Photobucket Photobucket

Tara won! The prize was a 2GB flash drive lol! (swag from work!)
Photobucket

It was a really fun night and it was so good to spend time with some of the many friends I'm thankful for! I am so excited for Thanksgiving tomorrow because I get to see even more of my friends and family from near and far! I am very blessed!

I wish everyone a very special and memorable Thanksgiving weekend! May you have more blessings to be thankful for than you are able to count!

P.S. I get to cross this off of my 12 by 2012 list! YAY! :)

Linking up with Whatever, Whenever Wednesday!
The button won't work for me! Boo!

1 comments:

  1. I love those pumpkin cake balls, SO DANG CUTE! You are very talented in the kitchen, unlike me :( Ha ha, JK, I'm okay with it! Thanks for linking this up to my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for the feedback! Leave a note to let me know you dropped by and I'll come visit your blog, too! If I can't reach you by blog or email, I'll reply back right here shortly! Thanks again! xo