Thursday, November 17, 2011

Give Thanks: 11 Thankful Things for 2011

Can you believe that Thanksgiving is one week from today? I am thankful for another year of not having to do anything but show up to my aunt & uncle's house to eat! :)

What better reason to link up with blog friends to celebrate what we're all thankful for!


Today I'm giving you 11 things I'm thankful for in 2011 (in no particular order!).

1. Family
Photobucket
July 2010
Yes, this is so cliche, but it's true!! I have an amazing dysfunctional family who would do anything for me and I would do anything for them. We laugh, cry, fight, defend, tease, and love like nobody's business!! From my amazing brothers, sisters, and parents to my extended family of aunts, uncles, and cousins galore - I love my family and could not live without them!

2. Friends

Photobucket
My birthday, January 2010
I had a whole post devoted to these characters, so you know I mean business! I strongly believe that old saying, "Friends are the family you choose for yourself". When someone asks if I'd rather have a few close friends or a ton of casual friends, I ask why I have to choose: I already have a ton of close friends.

3. Tyler
Photobucket
August 2011
My boyfriend is perfect. Seriously, I don't know why he sticks around! He's handsome, hilarious, uses tools, knows how to fix my car, calms me down when I'm dramatic & irrational, travels with me, adores and is adored by my niece & nephew, puts up with my family, is approved of by my friends, tells me I'm pretty without makeup (HAH!), would drive all the way to my house to kill a spider, and doesn't forget my birthday. LADIES, HE'S TAKEN. ;)

4. My Job
Photobucket
March 2011 in NYC for a business trip. Literally standing on the Statue of Liberty here.
It's no secret that I don't like my job. But I'm thankful for it, that's for sure!!! Especially in an economy like this where having a job is serious. Not only does mine pay the bills, but I work with an amazing team of people. Also, this year they sent me to the corporate office in New Jersey for a business trip and let Tyler come and let us both stay in New York City for the weekend after with paid hotel & food!! Smack me if I ever complain about work again.

5. My Health
Photobucket
Tyler setting up the elliptical I never use...

I totally take my health for granted. I complain I'm fat, but I don't diet or exercise. I "forget" to take my multivitamin. And don't ask me about the last time I went to the dentist. I am so lucky that nothing is majorly wrong with me and thankful for my health!

6. My Education
Photobucket
My mom & I at my graduation from community college in 2005
I am so thankful that I was able to get two Bachelor degrees before tuition was raised like crazy due to the economy! I graduated in 2008 when things were just starting to go sour. My brothers & sister are currently in college and it's so hard for them to get classes despite skyrocketing tuition. But they're plugging along because they know once they get that education, nobody can take it away from them. I am thankful that I had the time and financial capacity to get mine.

7. My Faith
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Knit Together by Love scarves
My faith is something I never take for granted. I am so thankful that I have been able to nurture my relationship with God and have grown as a Christian. I'm thankful for Knit Together By Love and all the friendships I've made through it. I'm thankful that God uses me for the good of His Kingdom. I'm thankful for this everyday.

8. Where I Live

Disneyland, San Diego Chargers game, Tori Spelling (you thought I was bluffing, didn't you?)
This sounds silly, but I couldn't live anywhere else!! California has great weather, beaches, mountains, everything! I can go to Disneyland any day of the week. I can go to most any type of sporting event and every band tours at least 1 venue in my area. I can go down and meet Tori Spelling at the Grove if I want! Sure, it has its cons, but it's the best place to live for me! I'm thankful I'm here!

9. My Car
Photobucket Photobucket
Saying goodbye to Little Red / Saying hello to Silver Bullet
Another one that sounds silly, but I am SO thankful for my car!! This year I said goodbye to Little Red, my 1995 Honda Civic (and first car ever) and bought a brand new 2011 Honda Civic EX-L. It also sounds silly to say, but I found God through my entire stressful car buying situation and it was incredible! Having a brand new car is really important to me because I have family in Fresno, Las Vegas and a best friend in San Jose. My car gives me the freedom to drive to them whenever I want! That is a feeling that most people with reliable transportation may take for granted, but I am so thankful for it today!

10. Black Friday
Photobucket
Black Friday 2010: first in line for laptops with my brother Jordan
Ok, I had to throw in a silly one, but BLACK FRIDAY IS THE BEST!! I am so thankful that it's finally here!! I love to shop & I love to save... hello, perfect day for me! My sister-in-law and I have turned it into a family tradition of sorts and I will be blogging tips about BF next week, so stay tuned!

11. The Holidays
Photobucket
Thanksgiving 2008 with all my siblings & my niece (her first Thanksgiving)
The holidays are my favorite because everyone gets together from near and wide. My Fresno family comes to southern California every year for Thanksgiving and this year the holidays are also bringing my best friend Jenna home from San Jose for a few days! What better reason to make lasting memories and start new traditions than the holidays? Sure, it's a little bit stressful juggling things to do and people to buy for, but the bottom line is being thankful and rejoicing in all that we have!

I encourage you to blog about what you're thankful for! Happy Thanksgiving! :)

2 comments:

  1. Love this! We have a lot of similar things we are thankful for! :]

    Thanks for linking up with us today! xo Julie Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great post! i love it :) and i have never done black friday, but i am seriously considering a target run this year...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for the feedback! Leave a note to let me know you dropped by and I'll come visit your blog, too! If I can't reach you by blog or email, I'll reply back right here shortly! Thanks again! xo