Friday, November 18, 2011

Photo Friday: Christmas at Disneyland

Photobucket

Monday (11/14) was the first day that Disneyland was decked out for the holidays! Even better, my close friend Jesse was invited to participate in an event exclusively for select Disneyland Annual Passholders that allowed him entry into Disneyland after hours to experience the incredible sight of Disneyland at Christmastime. He was allowed up to 3 guests with annual passes and he invited me to come along! It was a blast!!

Photobucket
Me, Robert, Jesse & Chris

The Disneyland park was open for us from 8pm-midnight and there were just enough people there to make it busy but not crowded. If you've ever been to Disneyland at Christmastime you know that usually you can hardly walk around, much less really enjoy the special holiday sights, because it's so busy. Last year it was jam packed to see Sleeping Beauty's Winter Castle; they light it up during a special show that involves "snow" and everything. This year we had a perfect & comfortable view!

Before the castle was really lit up
Photobucket Photobucket

During & After it was fully lit up - BEAUTIFUL (and you know how bad my camera is!)!!
Photobucket Photobucket
Me & Jesse trying to catch "snowflakes" on our tongue LOL!
Photobucket

Flash vs No Flash
Photobucket Photobucket

We also experienced the It's A Small World Holiday. Very beautiful!!
Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket

Because the crowd volume was so low, we were able to go on a lot of rides in a small window of time. I think the most we waited for anything was 20 minutes. We rode It's A Small World, Space Mountain, Haunted Mansion Holiday, Buzz Lightyear Astroblasters, Star Tours: The Adventure Continues, The Jungle Cruise, Matterhorn Bobsleds, and Big Thunder Mountain!

About to ride Big Thunder Mountain. LOL at Jesse & Chris!
Photobucket

Another perk of the night was that they had a lot of characters you don't normally see out and about. We spotted Scrooge McDuck, Aurora (Sleeping Beauty) with her prince & fairies, the Splash Mountain crew (I'm terrible, I don't know the characters names! Brer Fox and Brer Rabbit I think?), and Aladdin with Genie, Jasmine and ABU (I was so impressed to see Abu!). We didn't pose for pictures with the characters (those were the only attractions with massive lines!), but I still snapped some pictures of them!

Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket


We had a fantastic night!! Thanks so much to Jesse for inviting me! :) I recommend checking out Disneyland ASAP before the crowds reach uncomfortable levels for the holidays!

Photobucket


3 comments:

  1. SOOO lucky! Disneyland is my hubs and my favorite spot. :) It would be so fun to go there at Christmas time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh, we're counting down the days until we take the littles to see all the glory of Christmas at the magic kingdom! Thanks for the sneak peek!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO jealous! looks like a ton of fun. ;]

    - ashley / afterninetofive.net

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for the feedback! Leave a note to let me know you dropped by and I'll come visit your blog, too! If I can't reach you by blog or email, I'll reply back right here shortly! Thanks again! xo