Thursday, October 27, 2011

Embrace the Camera on Vacation





I am so excited to participate in Embrace the Camera! I think it's a great idea to get out from behind your camera and in front of it and Emily's blog is one of my absolute favorites!

I'm breaking from my vacation recap to post about how difficult it is when you're on vacation to get great group shots! My vacation was a romantic retreat celebrating my 1 year anniversary with my boyfriend Tyler. As much as we joked about bringing a 3rd person along to serve as a tripod, it would have really messed with the romance of the trip! And I imagine having a group of kids on a family vacation is tedious to photograph single-handedly, but who can afford to bring along a babysitter? We vowed to embrace the camera every place we went nonetheless! Whether asking a stranger to snap a picture, using the classic long-arm self shot or very poorly utilizing the 10-second timer on my less-than-stellar point-and-shoot camera - we did it!

Tyler & I embracing the camera on our vacation


Long-arming in Old Town Sacramento
Photobucket

Asking for help in San Francisco
Photobucket Photobucket

Thank goodness for friends in San Jose
Photobucket

Learning how to use the self-timer in Monterey...
Photobucket Photobucket

...and getting better by Pebble Beach
Photobucket Photobucket

Last stop: Lake Cachuma/Santa Barbara
Photobucket

How do you embrace the camera while on vacation??


This is my formal apology for using some of the same pictures in this post as others! :/

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for the feedback! Leave a note to let me know you dropped by and I'll come visit your blog, too! If I can't reach you by blog or email, I'll reply back right here shortly! Thanks again! xo